Light meals & snacks
New Years Eve
10 inch springform pan; bowl, frying pan.
Caviar Torte with Champagne Onions Ingredients
- I cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup Champagne
- 2 packets of cream cheese whipped
- 16 eggs hard cooked and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large ripe avocados mashed
- ½ garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ ounce black caviar or lumpfish roe
- Water Crackers
Preparation Method for Caviar Torte with Champagne Onions Recipe
- Place the red onion and champagne in a large pan and fry over medium heat. Cook till champagne gets reduced and absorbed completely.
- Remove it from the heat and add cream cheese and stir gently. Cover the pan with a lid and set aside
Take a bowl and mix hard cooked eggs and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper for seasoning and mix well so that they combine together.
- In another bowl mix avocado, garlic and lemon juice and make it into a fine paste. Season it with some salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Lay the ingredients in a 10 inch springform pan. Spread the egg mixture on the bottom and smooth the top evenly. Then spread the avocado mixture on the top and spread it very carefully and evenly.
- Then finally spread the cream cheese mixture on the top.
Cover it with a plastic wrap and set it aside to get chill for atleast 3 hours so that it becomes firm.
- Your torte is ready. Just before serving it, sprinkle an even layer of caviar on the top of the torte and place the torte on a serving platter.
- With the help of a heated butter knife remove the torte gently from the pan.
- You can place flowers or thin lime slice in the center of the torte and set crackers around the base. Your torte is ready to serve.