Course: Main Entree
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Cook Time: 45 mins
Cuisine: American Cuisine
Skill Level: Quick and Easy
Recipe Servings: 2
- 1 Cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk (well-shaken)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 pound Cheddar (extra sharp), grated
- 1/4 Cup Scallion (white and pale green parts only), finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Pickled jalapenos (drained), finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter, melted
- Special equipment:
- 2 Well-seasoned cast-iron corn-stick pans
(Each with 7 (5- by 1 1/2-inch) molds*, or a well-seasoned 9-inch cast-iron skillet)
- 1.Put broiler rack in center position and preheat stove to 218°C. Warmth corn-stick skillet in stove 10 minutes.
- 2.Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, preparing pop, and salt in an enormous bowl.
- 3.Whisk together buttermilk and egg in another bowl, at that point add to cornmeal blend alongside cheddar, scallion, jalapeños (to taste), and 2 tablespoons margarine, mixing until simply consolidated.
- 4.Remove dish from broiler and separation staying 2 tablespoons spread among molds. Rapidly isolate player among molds (around 3 tablespoons each)and prepare until tops are brilliant and a wooden select or stick tells the truth, 12 to 15 minutes (15 to 20 minutes if utilizing skillet).
- 5.Cool corn sticks in dish on a rack 3 to 5 minutes before expelling from molds. Serve warm.
Key Ingredients: Yellow cornmeal, Sugar, Baking soda, Salt, Buttermilk (well-shaken), Egg, Cheddar (extra sharp), Scallion (white and pale green parts only), Pickled jalapenos (drained), Unsalted butter,