Main course, Side dishes
45 mins to 1 hr
The Equipment Used To Prepare Kashmiri Roast Yakhni Are Fennel, Knife, Bowl, Skillet And Pan.
Kashmiri Roast Yakhni Ingredients
- 1 Tbs. black peppercorns
- 2 Tbs. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. poppy seeds, white
- 1 garlic clove (it’s supposed to be “gold garlic”)
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 2 onions
- 1 Tbs. almonds
- 1 small piece dried coconut
- 1/2 nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1 lamb, leg (about 3 kg.), cut into 4 pieces
- 250 gms ghii
- 1.5 kg. dahi (yoghurt, creamy)
- 6 cardamoms, black
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 bay leaves (Indian tez patta)
- 1 lump hing, soaked in 1/2 C. hot water
Preparation Method for Kashmiri Roast Yakhni Recipe
- Cut the meat into little piece which has enough nibble. Presently expel the seeds from the dark cardamom and keep aside.
- In a skillet which is moderately profound include meat pieces and fennel powder, ginger powder, dark cardamom, inlet departs and pepper powder. Contingentupon the delicacy of the meat include 1 some water.
- Spread the vessel and let the meat cook for quite a while.
Presently make sure that the meat is dry and delicate. The water ought to be retained and dissipated from the meat. In a different bowl whisk some yogurt, flour and salt.
- Blend this blend and add it to the meat which is being cooked in the skillet. Sauté till the blend become smooth like sauce and afterward expel from heat.
- Take another skillet and blend spread, squashed cardamom and cloves.
- Blend them for a minute.Now pour the softened spread over the meat and blend well so the margarine adheres to the meat protuberances.
- Cook the meat irregularities for 10-15 minutes and after that serve them on a plate alongside rice or roti.