1hr 30 minutes
One thick bottomed pressure pan, thick bottomed close mouthed vessel, large plate.
Nawabi Biryani Ingredients
- Long grained fine rice: 800 gms
- Mutton; 1 kg, cubed
- Onions: 6 medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste: freshly made, 4tbsps
- Red chili: 6
- Thick yoghurt: 1 cup
- Garam masalas: 2 tsp
- Cinnamon: 2 one inch pieces
- Cardamom: 10 powdered
- Caraway seeds: 1 tbsp
- Black peppercorns: 10
- Saffron: few strands
- Turmeric: ½ tsp
- Milk: ½ cup
- Apricot; 10 whole
- Cashew nuts: 10
- Almonds: 10 sliced
- Raisins: 50 gms
Preparation Method for Nawabi Biryani Recipe
- Hack apricots into quarters, peel and cut almonds, split cashew nuts, wash and dry raisins.
- Warm oil in a thick bottomed dish, broil the nuts and raisins. Hold
- In a similar sauté meagerly cut onions till carmelized.
- Partition the browned onions down the middle, save one half.
- Granulate the other portion of browned onions with red crisp to a fine glue.
- Clean and deplete the lamb pieces.
- Whisk curds to a smooth glue, include ginger garlic glue, onion-bean stew glue, salt and turmeric and whisk once more.
- To this include the sheep pieces and blend well. Put aside for 60 minutes.
- Warm ghee in the skillet and sauté the marinated sheep, till oil skims on top.
- Warm ghee in another vessel. Permit to splutter, include the entire garam masalas and sauté.
- Include the splashed rice and sear gently, care ought to be taken that rice grains don’t break.
- Include warm water, salt according to taste and cook till rice is three fourth done.
- Deplete the overabundance water and spread the rice in a vast plate.
- Take an overwhelming bottomed close vessel, line with ghee.
- Include the sautéed lamb and sprinkle garam masala over it. Include a large portion of the fricasseed nuts, and layer with rice. Sprinkle drain doused saffron on top of the rice and furthermore the staying nuts and broiled onions.
- Seal the vessel with batter.
- Put on a low fire and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Expel from warmth, let cool for 20 minutes.
- Tear open the batter seal, cushion the rice and serve hot with yogurt raita.