Bowl, Spatula, Steamer, Spoons
Quick And Easy
Nepali Momo Ingredients
Dough for Wrappers
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Water, as required
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 lbs lean ground meat (50% lamb or chicken & 50% pork works best)
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or momo masala if available
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper
Preparation Method for Nepali Momo Recipe
- Nepali momo is an exceptionally basic dish and you have two sections which you need to get ready. The vast majority of the exertion goes generally in the readiness as opposed to cooking the dish. To start with you need to make the mixture prepared and after that the meat balls. Here is the technique of setting up the dish.
- Utilize some flour and blend it in a bowl with oil and a squeeze of salt. Blend well with water and set it up into delicate batter.
- Take another bowl and cleave onions into fine pieces alongside green bean stew, garlic and ginger. Blending of these fixings is critical in light of the fact that the kind of the considerable number of fixings ought to be blended legitimately and each chomp of the momo ought to be loaded with the essence of the vegetables and the meat.
- Add minced meat to the vegetables and blend them well. Include soya sauce and blend them again and keep it aside.
- Presently utilize the mixture to make little balls and after that move them into little flapjacks shapes to wrap the meat fillings.
- When you have utilized all the batter in moving, fill each of the mixture pieces with fillings of the meat.
- Presently seal the mixture pieces and orchestrate them in a plate and steam them. In a perfect world you can bend the edges of the wrappers so that the filling doesn’t tumble off.
- Steam them for around 20 minutes and your Nepali momo are prepared to be enjoyed.
- It is best had with tomato and garlic sauce.