Serving Dish, Tea Light Pot.
Tex-Mex Squash Casserole Ingredients
- 4 cups yellow squash and zucchini cut into coins
- 1 average diced onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 can of Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained or 2 cups of diced fresh tomatoes with 1/4 cup of minced green chilies like
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 2 cups total of minced cheddar and pepper jack
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation Method for Tex-Mex Squash Casserole Recipe
Preheat The Oven To 350 Degrees.
Heat spread in an extensive skillet over medium temperature. Include the squash, jalapeno and onion, and sauté to enable onions to wind up translucent and the squash is delicate for just about ten minutes.
Include the garlic, bean stew powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, salt, and enable it to cook for a couple of more seconds. At that point include flour and cook until a light-dark colored past is shaped which pauses for a moment.
Presently include the tomatoes and juices and blend at times until the blend concentrates, which ought to show up in several minutes. Include the creamer, cilantro and sharp cream and expel it from the Heat.
In a lubed goulash dish, make a layer in the base with the pulverized tortilla chips. Spread over the chips the smooth squash blend and afterward disperse the entire dish with the ground cheddar.
Cook without covering for thirty minutes, or until top is dark colored and gurgling.