2017-18 European Rugby Champions Cup Teams
Twenty clubs from the three noteworthy European local and territorial associations will contend in the Champions Cup. Nineteen of these will qualify specifically because of their alliance execution.
The distribution of teams is:
- England: 7 clubs
- The top 6 clubs in the English Premiership. (6 clubs)
- The winner of the Champions Cup play-off, Northampton Saints. (1 club)
- France: 6 clubs
- The top 6 clubs in the Top 14. (6 clubs)
- Ireland, Italy, Scotland & Wales: 7 clubs, based on performance in the Pro12.
- The best placed club from each nation. (4 clubs)
- The 3 highest ranked clubs not qualified thereafter. (3 clubs)
The following teams have qualified for the 2017–18 tournament.
|Aviva Premiership||Top 14||Pro 12|