Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Total Cook Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
Cuisine: American Cuisine
Skill Level: Medium
Recipe Servings: 2
- 1 whole turkey
- 100 gms butter
- 100 gms onion, chopped
- 100 gms celery, chopped
- 10 gms crumbled sage and thyme
- to taste salt and pepper
- 10 gms garlic minced
- balsamic vinegar
- 20 gms sugar
- 150 gms cranberry
- 1.In skillet, liquefy margarine over medium warmth. Mix in onions, celery, sage, thyme and pepper; cook, blending periodically, for 10 minutes or until sautéed.
- 2.Remove giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, save for sauce. Flush turkey all around with running water.
- 3.Stir together margarine, savvy, salt and pepper; rub over turkey, all around. Freely pack stuffing into neck and body depressions, crease over and stick neck fold shut over stuffing. Tie legs together.
- 4.Place turkey, bosom side up on rack in simmering skillet.
- 5.Cover with foil and meal in 325°F broiler for about 1.5 hours, seasoning with container squeezes at regular intervals.
- 6.Remove foil and keep on cooking or 1 3/4 hours, seasoning each half hour, or until moment meat thermometer embedded into thickest piece of thigh peruses 185°F. Hold it under light for cutting.
- 7.Meanwhile, in pot, bring chicken stock turkey neck, giblets, onion and inlet leaf to bubble, decrease warmth and stew,.
- 8.While cooked turkey rests, skim abundance fat from simmering container speed in flour until very much consolidated.
- 9.Gradually race in held giblet stock; Bring to bubble and cook, Season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain and serve close by turkey.
- 10.For cranberry sauce in little pan, heat oil over medium warmth; mix in onion and garlic and cook, blending at times, for 5 minutes or until mellowed.
- 11.Put balsamic vinegar; bubble for 5 minutes or until diminished currently combine cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 12.Mix into onion blend; bring to bubble and cook, until cranberries are delicate and sauce is thick.
Key Ingredients: whole turkey, butter, onion, celery, crumbled sage and thyme , salt and pepper, garlic minced, balsamic vinegar, sugar, cranberry